Does A2 Hosting Support HTTP/2?
HTTP/2 is the next version of HTTP, the network protocol used by the World Wide Web. HTTP/2 is based on Google's SPDY protocol, which is designed to improve web performance and security.
The following A2 Hosting account types currently support HTTP/2:
- Turbo Web hosting.
- Core VPS and Core Flex Dedicated Servers.
- Managed VPS and managed Flex Dedicated Servers.
Some older servers may not have an HTTP/2-
enabled web server version installed. To check whether or not your managed VPS or managed Flex Dedicated server supports HTTP/2,
please open a support ticket on the A2 Hosting Customer Portal at https://my.a2hosting.com
- Unmanaged servers with Apache and mod_http2 installed.
- Unmanaged servers with LiteSpeed web server version 5 or later installed.
For information about how to install LiteSpeed on an unmanaged server, please see this article
Additionally, HTTP/2 has the following requirements:
- Connections must use SSL. Although the HTTP/2 specification does not require encryption, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox only use HTTP/2 over an encrypted connection.
- Your visitors' web browsers must support HTTP/2. For example, Internet Explorer 6 does not support HTTP/2. For more information about HTTP/2 support in web browsers, please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP/2#Browser_support.
To view the official site for the HTTP/2 project, please visit https://http2.github.io.