How to publish your web pages with Google Web Designer
This article describes how to publish web pages designed in Google Web Designer to an A2 Hosting server.
This article assumes that you have already created web pages using Google Web Designer, and you are ready to publish them to an A2 Hosting web server. For general information about how to use Google Web Designer to create web pages, please visit http://www.google.com/webdesigner
Publishing Google Web Designer web pages to an A2 Hosting server
After you create web pages in Google Web Designer, you can publish them to the A2 Hosting server associated with your account. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Google Web Designer, click the icon.
, and then click .
- The Publish dialog appears:
- Under Settings in the Name text box, type the folder name for the file and any supporting files.
- In the Location text box, type the path where you want to store the file and any supporting files. Alternatively, click the folder icon to navigate to the folder location.
- Select the Flatten Files check box.
- If you want to compress the HTML markup, select the Minify check box.
- Click 3 in the location you specified in step 4.. Google Web Designer creates the folder you specified in step
- Transfer the files from the location you specified on the local computer to your A2 Hosting account's public_html directory. You can use the cPanel File Manager to do this, but if there is a large number of files to upload, a dedicated FTP client is much more convenient. For detailed instructions about how to use an FTP client to upload files to your account, please see this article.
For more information about Google Web Designer, please visit http://www.google.com/webdesigner.