How To install Jaws Project
This article describes how to install Jaws Project, a web framework and content management system.
Installing Jaws Project
Jaws Project is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install Jaws Project:
- Download the Jaws Project installation file at http://jaws-project.com/page/download to your computer.
- Use FTP to upload the installation file to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account. For information about how to access your account using FTP, please see this article.
You can also install Jaws in a subdirectory beneath the public_html directory. For example, you could create a jaws subdirectory and upload the installation file there. Note that in this example, to access Jaws from a browser you would use the URL http://www.example.com/jaws, where example.com represents your domain name.
- Log in to your account using SSH. For information about how to access your account using SSH, please see this article.
- To extract the application files, type the following commands:
tar xvzf jaws-complete-0.9.2.tar.gz
The exact filename may differ slightly, depending on the version you downloaded. Also, these commands assume that you uploaded the installation file to the public_html directory. If you uploaded the file to another directory, make sure you change to the correct directory before you try to extract the files.
Use cPanel to create a MySQL database and database user for Jaws Project. You will need this information during the web configuration process.
For information about how to create a MySQL database and user, please see this article
Use your web browser to go to http://www.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name. The Jaws installer page appears.
If you extracted the files in a subdirectory beneath the public_html directory, then add the directory path to the URL.
- Review the information, and then click Authentication page appears.. The
- Create a file named key.txt in the Jaws installation directory listed. Make sure that the key.txt file contains only the alphanumeric security code provided.
- Click Requirements page appears.. The
- Review the requirements, and then click Database page appears.. The
- In the Username text box, type the database username.
- In the Password text box, type the database username's password.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database.
- If you want to define a table prefix for the database tables that Jaws uses, type it in the Tables Prefix text box.
- Click Create A User page appears.. The
- In the Username text box, type the administrator username for the site.
- In the Password and Repeat text boxes, type the administrator password.
- In the Name text box, type the administrator's display name.
- In the E-mail Address text box, type the administrator's e-mail address.
- Click Settings page appears.. The
- In the Site Name text box, type the name of the site.
In the Site Slogan text box, type a slogan for the site.
The site slogan appears on the top banner beneath the site name.
- To install sample data, select the Sample site check box.
- Click Save Configuration page appears.. The
- The installer describes two methods to save the site configuration. The easier, and more secure, method is to create the JawsConfig.php file in the specified path. Copy and paste all of the text in the text box into the JawsConfig.php file and save it.
- Click Finished page appears. You can now click the links to view the site or log in as the administrator.
For more information about Jaws Project, please visit http://jaws-project.com.