How to install MemHT
This article describes how to install the MemHT CMS (content management system) and blogging system on your A2 Hosting account.
MemHT is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts. However, you must install it manually.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install MemHT, follow these steps:
- Download the MemHT application at http://www.memht.com/downloads to your local computer.
- Extract the .rar file on your computer.
- Use FTP to upload the contents of the extracted MemHT_184.108.40.206_RC folder to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account. (The exact name of the extracted folder may vary based on the version you downloaded.)
For information about how to access your account using FTP, please see this article
- Use cPanel to create a MySQL database and database user for the application. You will need this information during the web configuration process.
For information about how to create a MySQL database and user, please see this article
- Use your web browser to go to the MemHT installation URL, which is your domain name followed by index.php (for example, http://www.example.com/index.php). The installation page appears.
- Review the license, and then click
- Review the requirements, and then click
By default, all of the required and optional components are installed on A2 Hosting's shared servers. If MemHT reports that a component is missing, however, please open a support ticket on the Customer Portal at https://my.a2hosting.com
- Under Database data, in the Host text box, type localhost.
- In the Username text box, type the name of the database user that you created in step 4.
Remember that the database username begins with your username. For example, if you create a database user named memht, the full database username is username_memht, where username represents your account username.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the database user that you created in step 4.
- In the Name text box, type the name of the database you created in step 4.
Remember that the database name begins with your username. For example, if you create a database named memht, the full database name is username_memht, where username represents your account username.
- In the Tables prefix text box, accept the default value of memht, or specify your own database table prefix for the installation.
- MemHT creates the application database structure. Click
- Under Admin account, in the Display name text box, type a display name for the administrator.
- In the Username text box, type a username for the administrator.
- In the Password text box, type a password for the administrator.
- In the Email text box, type the administrator's e-mail address.
. MemHT finishes the installation.
- Use the cPanel File Manager to delete the installation folder in the public_html directory.
Alternatively, you can log in to your account using SSH
and then type the following command:
rm -rf ~/public_html/installation
- You can now view the MemHT installation in your web browser by visiting http://www.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name. To log in as the administrator, use the username and password that you specified in steps 16 and 17.
For more information about MemHT, please visit http://www.memht.com.