How to install PrestaShop using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the PrestaShop e-commerce platform using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
Ordering PrestaShop with a hosting package
You can have PrestaShop installed automatically when you order a hosting package. For information about how to do this, watch the following video:
Installing PrestaShop with Softaculous
If you already have a hosting account, you can easily install PrestaShop by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install PrestaShop using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type prestashop and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click E-Commerce, and then click PrestaShop.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose the version you want to install list box, select the version that you want to install.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Store Name text box, type the store's name. By default, the store name appears in the title bar of users' web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the Admin Folder text box, type the directory for the administration panel, or accept the default value.
The Admin Folder text box specifies where the PrestaShop administration files are installed. For example, if the Admin Folder text box is set to myadmin, and PrestaShop is installed in the web site's root level, the administration panel URL is http://www.example.com/myadmin, where example.com represents your domain name.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
You use the administrator e-mail address to log in to the PrestaShop administration panel.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the First Name text box, type the administrator's first name, or accept the default value.
- In the Last Name text box, type the administrator's last name, or accept the default value.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications Emails check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To automatically update the application when updates are available, select the Auto Upgrade check box.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about PrestaShop, please visit http://www.prestashop.com.