How to install Fork using Softaculous
This article describes how to install the Fork content management system (CMS) using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
You can have a Fork site up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Fork using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click Softaculous Apps Installer. The Softaculous installer page appears.
- In the Search text box, type fork and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Portals/CMS, and then click Fork.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- Leave the In Directory text box blank. Fork does not work in a subdirectory, and so must be installed in the public_html directory.
Fork also requires that no .htaccess file is present in the public_html directory before installation begins. If there is an .htaccess file in your public_html directory, make sure you rename it or delete it before you begin the Fork installation.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications Emails check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To automatically update the application when updates are available, select the Auto Upgrade check box.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about Fork, please visit http://www.fork-cms.com.